Insanity Gaming Store

Gumline

hairline
Staff member
Server Manager
Sep 17, 2022
A Spring store could be a secondary stream of revenue for Insanity Gaming. Using existing vector files, simple IG branded goods would give community members an alternate means of contributing to operational costs. Use of purchased goods could expose the general public to IG, in turn acting as a no cost marketing strategy.

All Ts

Banned
Retired
Apr 26, 2022
Sounds good to me, I'd like to tag @Gentoo and ask what he thinks cuz I've heard him talk about this before. I'd like to make sure we're not gouging ourselves through fees or potential donators through costs either whilst giving them a potential sub par good (these sites can be dodgy).

I was one of the people mainly pushing for such stuff at other community cuz as you said, we had the art and noone really would have known or thought that it was some gamer branded stuff (it looked cool). We can definitely create stuff that is cheap enough worth wearing, could also be an additional thing for the art guys to work on and for their work to go towards.

Thanks for the suggestion Mr. Gumline sir.

Gumline

hairline
Staff member
Server Manager
Sep 17, 2022
Spring has been around and operating for quite sometime now. This How much products cost post will alleviate your concerns. May I suggest some 100% cotton t-shirts, keep plastic off our bodies!

Reason: Added: cotton
Last edited:

Gentoo

Sep 25, 2022
I originally thought OP was referring to the Steam Points store for whatever reason, which would be so so dope, but isn't currently possible.

As far as merch, I think it's a cool idea but only if it's carefully designed and well made. I think the best route is for cool art that's themed in our colors and things that are more subtle and personal that just a big IG logo - e.g. "Hide and Seek Champion". Things that someone who's socially conscious would feel confident wearing in public instead of embarrassed.

All Ts

Banned
Retired
Apr 26, 2022
We're gonna go through with this, and if anyone from the community wants to create something or has additional ideas please let us know!

On a side note, I'm thinking there must be something unique and better than even these merchandise sites, as they tend to be a bit generic. The reason why they're worth going through on despite that is really because we could pull it off decently, not because what we'd be giving would be something we're really super proud of...

Technically they're doing one thing for you and that is accomplish shipping on a custom product. Something like AliExpress will do the SAME thing for us... We'd just have to maybe keep some IG Bicycle Helmets in one of our garages. I think if we really want to get people to spend money on this kind of stuff we should consider going the extra step of the way especially if keeping inventory and shipping this stuff is not some high octane shit to go through. Just something to consider if we're ever going to take this seriously.