Approved Goose.'s Admin Application

Goose.

Aug 20, 2023
What is your Steam ID
STEAM_1:1:765821023

What name(s) do you use on the server(s)?
Goose:), Piano man

How old are you?

What server(s) do you normally play?
Easy Surf

Have you been banned from Insanity Gaming before?
No

Why do you want to be an admin?
I've been an avid player and enthusiast of the game for a significant amount of time, and I've come to realize the positive impact that responsible administration can have on a gaming community. My motivation to become an admin stems from my desire to contribute positively to the server's environment. I believe that fair gameplay, adherence to rules, and a sense of camaraderie are essential aspects of a thriving community. With a commitment to maintaining order, resolving issues, and fostering a respectful atmosphere, I am confident in my ability to help create an enjoyable space for all players. Moreover, the technical aspects of server management intrigue me, and I look forward to learning more about the behind-the-scenes workings while utilizing my skills to ensure a smooth and enjoyable experience for everyone. In essence, becoming an admin represents an opportunity for me to merge my passion for CS:GO, my dedication to community, and my interest in ensuring a positive and exciting environment for all players, I also have quite a bit of experience all the way from moderation to management on gmod servers

lusive

Aug 1, 2023
U.S.
[Updated]
neutral support.

Giving light onto my previous thoughts of Goose. I've since spoken to them on various occasions and from what I can surmise they're well-mannered and open toward change and willing to amend their ways of behavior, which is something I greatly appreciate. I believe there's worthy reconsideration to be made in regards to this user, and their potential for being an addition to the much-needed moderation team.

original post:
The interactions that I've had personally with Goose. have been mostly negative - involving varying amounts of racism, homophobia and transphobia.
this combined with playing instruments over voice while blocking everyone else's voice communications is not the kind of neutrality that I come to expect from a would-be moderator - because of this I cannot support the application from this user.

Last edited:

Che

Jul 25, 2023
Support

I personally have never had any bad experiences with Goose, it's usually a chill time and I never see him being racist or transphobic. Love to vibe to his crazy piano skills, (no one is ever bothered by it everyone just vibes) and I think he would make a great admin.

Silent Bob

Staff member
Server Manager
Jun 10, 2023

Support

I support this man entirely. He is a very sound person with a very strong mind. I have had nothing but good encounters with Goose. He does play his piano over voice, but usually only via request, and he is certainly not overdone. He would be a great person for the staff team; there is no question about it.

All Ts

Banned
Retired
Apr 26, 2022
I hope this doesn't come off like I'm coming at you. It's hard to pair the comments about you being a transphobe, racist, homophobe with the outright support from Bob & it can be worrisome to me you potentially are not being totally legit with us (at times).

Can you comment on what @lusive said please? Obviously there is no evidence for the hefty claim and you've never been punished here to my knowledge for it (someone please jump in if I'm wrong).

If you were expressing any of the 3 bigoted viewpoints (truly), even in a potentially too edgy way for our server... my comment here is being made to express the importance of trying to come off of that if possible, especially if we are going to consider you as admin. Staff need to know what is too much so they know when to step in, and they also need to be able to set a decent enough example of how others should be acting given their role is upholding the rules & integrity of the server.

Goose.

Aug 20, 2023
I hope this doesn't come off like I'm coming at you. It's hard to pair the comments about you being a transphobe, racist, homophobe with the outright support from Bob & it can be worrisome to me you potentially are not being totally legit with us (at times).

Can you comment on what @lusive said please? Obviously there is no evidence for the hefty claim and you've never been punished here to my knowledge for it (someone please jump in if I'm wrong).

If you were expressing any of the 3 bigoted viewpoints (truly), even in a potentially too edgy way for our server... my comment here is being made to express the importance of trying to come off of that if possible, especially if we are going to consider you as admin. Staff need to know what is too much so they know when to step in, and they also need to be able to set a decent enough example of how others should be acting given their role is upholding the rules & integrity of the server.
So I completely get what you're saying, however, if I'm being entirely honest I don't think I've ever been bigoted and I know for a fact that I never meant to do something that would ruin another players fun. To be honest with you I've wanted to ask lusive what I did but I didn't want to make it seem like I was trying to sway the vote. I'm going to send lusive a message on discord to figure what I did. At times I'll laugh when somebody is openly bigoted infront of an admin but the humor in that for me is that they're about to get struck down from their rant. The only thing I remember myself doing personally is one time I said "this goes our to all my gay folks" before playing Wham!'s wake me up before you go go on piano. Now I don't see a huge issue with that as George Michael who was a part of Wham! Was gay and was a huge gay activist in the late 90s and early 2000s.

Now for the piano. Most player enjoy it and if I'm asked to stop then I immediately do so.

Reason: Had to add the part abt piano

All Ts

Banned
Retired
Apr 26, 2022
So I completely get what you're saying, however, if I'm being entirely honest I don't think I've ever been bigoted and I know for a fact that I never meant to do something that would ruin another players fun. To be honest with you I've wanted to ask lusive what I did but I didn't want to make it seem like I was trying to sway the vote. I'm going to send lusive a message on discord to figure what I did. At times I'll laugh when somebody is openly bigoted infront of an admin but the humor in that for me is that they're about to get struck down from their rant. The only thing I remember myself doing personally is one time I said "this goes our to all my gay folks" before playing Wham!'s wake me up before you go go on piano. Now I don't see a huge issue with that as George Michael who was a part of Wham! Was gay and was a huge gay activist in the late 90s and early 2000s.

Now for the piano. Most player enjoy it and if I'm asked to stop then I immediately do so.
Fair enough, the app has awhile more open anyhow so don't worry about it too much.

If the rest of the votes do not reflect that sentiment then it will not be used against you, frankly I'd think if this behavior was truly you & defined you people would know you as a bigot & not the piano guy. I'd think you would be warned, punished, or banned... Not to say I think lusive is lying, maybe his interactions with you truly were negative for him, maybe if others saw it they may agree.

We're not overly sensitive at the prospect of you defending yourself on your application whether that be replying to us or someone else, just a heads up but sometimes people have different perspectives so just be ready to say it is what it is & wait for the final decision to be passed down. I've ran into situations at other communities in the past where defending myself in circumstances like this (being accused of egregious behavior) constituted harassment somehow, that is not going to be the case here lol.

nemesis678

Aug 11, 2023
CHARLOTTE
Neutral/Abstain on this application. In my interactions I didn't really get the mature feel that the written application gives off. Maybe a more technical role would be better. However, I haven't witnessed that much bad behavior so I can't comment on that.

The piano can be fun but I feel it doesn't give the other 30 (or insert other number here) people in the chat room a chance to really say anything or interact with others, and there is pressure Not to do or say anything to disrupt the sound. I just mute it all.

nytla

Aug 13, 2023
Honestly Goose, I think you're a decent dude and you are also very active. That being said though, it's hard for me to really give 100% of my support for this app. I enjoy your piano playing, however I do not enjoy the mic spam. I understand that people like your piano playing and that you are compliant if asked to stop, but I feel like open mic in general is just not a good look. Like Imagine someone joins and they realize the guy open mic-ing a piano is an admin lol. To expand on what Nemesis said, let's say someone new joins the server or we have people returning. If the first thing they hear is someone playing the piano (some of them might like it I guess lmao) they might just opt for muting voice in general which could inhibit some players from interacting with others. That's the only issue I have. I don't think I've ever experienced the "bigotry" from you, but if you want to be an admin you need to really refrain from saying anything of the sort or encouraging said behavior. You set an example for people who may, in the future want to apply for a position, so make sure you set a good one.

If you can change some of the issues I said above, then I can leave a support, but for now.
Neutral/Abstain

Reason: I wasn't necessarily in favor of the app so I didn't want the /support to be misleading.
Last edited: