Crony Capitalism

All Ts

Banned
Retired
Apr 26, 2022
From my viewpoint, this distorted capitalism is more indicative of mammoth conglomerates than of firms that possess the agility and innovation to offer services that benefit people over the long haul. I feel similarly about smaller teams. The business structure within massive corporations like Amazon often diverges from the interests of end-users and entry-level employees. It seems to be a matter of "We compensate you reasonably, so it's alright for us to impose undesirable conditions because Bob approves this just to get his items delivered in a day."

In bygone times, businesses did not necessarily exhibit this attitude towards their employees and were much more considerate of the customer. To truly be of service as a company, an investment mindset focused on value rather than growth is essential. If the primary aim is to secure rounds of investment, the focus unfortunately shifts to self-promotion. This is a mere glimpse into the behavior necessitated by today's crony capitalism, evident even when navigating the healthcare system or tackling demanding interviews.

Short-term wealth generation is unpredictable, and those who are swindled by fraudsters inadvertently commit an indirect disservice against their fellow humans. Simultaneously, we must strive to shield people from potential adverse effects without resorting to a centrally controlled planning system that risks destabilizing everything. Should one aspire or feel capable of advancing humanity through spirit or ingenuity, the creation of anything innovative should be aimed at leaving a lasting legacy. Merely amassing wealth isn't inherently virtuous. Yet, doing something beneficial can indeed pave the way to financial success. Similarly, initiating significant system changes with the hope of improvement could lead to disastrous outcomes. Therefore, addressing this issue is crucial for the survival of the Republic (do we want this?).

Economics, in essence, is a complex blend of sociology and statistics. My realization of this primarily stems from my formal education, leading to a gradual recognition of the challenges inherent even in accounting and the assembly-line production of financial analysts.

If an average American were to truly grasp the relationship between our Congress and the Federal Reserve, and between the Federal Reserve and banks, it could be a revelation, provided they were open-minded and attentive. Inflation is the prime catalyst for the prevailing discussions around inequality, though I'd prefer the term 'inequity,' as the former only fuels the discontent of those who covet everything yet can never attain it. As people are diminishing the value of money, we're being advised to further 'invest' ourselves towards a dangerous edge.

The impending election holds significant consequences, marking the culmination of a vast cycle of gradually declining rates and escalating debt since the 1970s. It's implausible to think that Americans, media, and politicians won't critically scrutinize Jerome Powell and the Fed for the first time in a long while, for doing what's right. Despite the accolades heaped on previous Fed Chairmen for implementing quantitative easing and following Japan's established trajectory, criticisms are likely to pour in.

Despite all of this, rightfully termed 'we,' reaping the benefits of postponing the inevitable... it's anticipated that severe criticisms will emerge. We all seem to be poised for the next major incident, wearing smiles. The Republic has the potential to thrive; there's no need for destructive measures. During the upcoming election, vote wisely, disregarding party affiliations. If you believe in a higher power, pray. The US teeters dangerously close to a precipice, and it's no laughing matter.