Retro

idk
Staff member
Founder
Community Director
Better Supporter
Mar 25, 2022
Texas
I suggest that we fix the Better supporter rank bar to be properly aligned!

Gumline

hairline
Staff member
Server Manager
Sep 17, 2022
I, Gumline, Server Administrator of Insanity Gaming, do hereby formally suggest Insanity Gaming be a catalyst for change and adopt secure comms.

All Ts

Banned
Retired
Apr 26, 2022
I, Gumline, Server Administrator of Insanity Gaming, do hereby formally suggest Insanity Gaming be a catalyst for change and adopt secure comms.
-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: BCPG v1.63

hQEOA2djojnYgg1hEAP/c8DbWNeekZDlU0I7lZ67BYqIh/Ew5OLSm9T+81Qounqc
3Sf87CXCzPpdpoi5rulfiGjk4vgdyraV9nX14EwlaWY+kR1FR9ePeIqOsLHlu+tG
F0v038Fbd4YJHdju2wiGR74L/sd8nXSWVLaoKto20pKcq1rSa1PMIc5oBziRf+0D
/0B3vpO0eCPJZdO4AIo0IZ1ScdsxncXoGW1isqiw2O7/q0POpkgZUMdQSZneKiTP
0EMmV3Gqtr0jnhxiTVYnLYn8AxU+/M5z8f8aKJL0nEOFU+f7ylxKtg8zmSVm9hyr
qhAS4ikpfbd9bz0ecN7082b2KK4CqPgW9hYnyudYCn690jcBd+DPYcrAqmhTYVKr
oyRUT17x8KTXBjBq+8kvMlRKq3v1o99uDKsa+srRPC7P5BzzQZTf+eKl
=5I+h
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

christian

Tech Guy
Oct 20, 2022
New Jersey
Just some suggestions.
  • A GIF browser/search form so you can easily search for GIFs from the Internet and insert them into your posts.
  • Support for Markdown (inserting via Markdown Syntax that perhaps converts to the forum's font format).
  • A Forum Games forum where players can post threads that are meant to be game oriented. This spiced up content and gave users something to do in old communities of mine. I had it so rep/post counts weren't incremented in this forum since a lot of threads received many replies (thousands).

I'll probably have more in the future, but these are all for now. Not expecting and understand if these aren't implemented as well.

Retro

idk
Staff member
Founder
Community Director
Better Supporter
Mar 25, 2022
Texas
Just some suggestions.
  • A GIF browser/search form so you can easily search for GIFs from the Internet and insert them into your posts.
We have the smiles search which can have gifs if we setup them as emotes if you mean something like giphy integration that is definitely doable
  • Support for Markdown (inserting via Markdown Syntax that perhaps converts to the forum's font format).
This is already apart of XF some markdown isn't natively supported though like lists but bold and stuff for sure
  • A Forum Games forum where players can post threads that are meant to be game oriented. This spiced up content and gave users something to do in old communities of mine. I had it so rep/post counts weren't incremented in this forum since a lot of threads received many replies (thousands).
I would just post these in offtopic but if you think a specific section would be better we can make a sub section in offtopic specifically for forum games

christian

Tech Guy
Oct 20, 2022
New Jersey
We have the smiles search which can have gifs if we setup them as emotes if you mean something like giphy integration that is definitely doable
Ah, I see that. It's not exactly like the feature I'm thinking of. I have it enabled on my forum, I'll show you in Discord. It's basically a search box similar to the smiles/emotes one, but it's for GIFs only and loads GIFs from outside sources to my understanding. I'm not sure if a third-party service would be a deal breaker, but I'll show you to see what you think.
This is already apart of XF some markdown isn't natively supported though like lists but bold and stuff for sure
Ah neat! Would be cool to add additional syntax for bullet lists, etc.
I would just post these in offtopic but if you think a specific section would be better we can make a sub section in offtopic specifically for forum games
Yeah off-topic works. A sub-section under off-topic would work good, but it's up to you all.

Also, I wanted to suggest a support section for website account issues and such. Just would need to make it clear these aren't forms such as report, appeal, etc.

Retro

idk
Staff member
Founder
Community Director
Better Supporter
Mar 25, 2022
Texas
Ah, I see that. It's not exactly like the feature I'm thinking of. I have it enabled on my forum, I'll show you in Discord. It's basically a search box similar to the smiles/emotes one, but it's for GIFs only and loads GIFs from outside sources to my understanding. I'm not sure if a third-party service would be a deal breaker, but I'll show you to see what you think.

Ah neat! Would be cool to add additional syntax for bullet lists, etc.

Yeah off-topic works. A sub-section under off-topic would work good, but it's up to you all.

Also, I wanted to suggest a support section for website account issues and such. Just would need to make it clear these aren't forms such as report, appeal, etc.
Logo GIF by Originals
we have giphy now

All Ts

Banned
Retired
Apr 26, 2022
bump be picky whatever it is, small typos, new sections, whatever

Silent Bob

Staff member
Server Manager
Jun 10, 2023
put all website suggestions here if you would thank you
The bar with "Forums, What's New, Members," et cetera, is red. The notifications and MSG symbols are gray and hard to see. Also, the notification bubble is red, blends into the bar, and is very hard to see.